This basic module is used to simulate rolling contacts, such as these e.g. in rolling bearings, gears, cam/follower pairings, axial piston pumps, wet-running friction gears or continuously variable transmissions are present.
- simulation with time-varying boundary conditions such as load, speed, temperatures, etc.
- point and line contacts with arbitrary contour
- consideration of manufacturing and wear profiles
- deformations using elastic half space
- mixed friction (add-on module MicroSim necessary)
- temperature distribution within fluid solids
- temperature and pressure dependent lubricant parameters
- non-Newtonian flow behavior with and without limiting shear stress
- wall slip between lubricant and solids
- mass-conserving cavitation
- coated surfaces
- minimum quantity lubrication
- determination of stiffness and damping coefficients
- wear simulation