This basic module is used to simulate hydrodynamic thrust bearings as they are in motors, pumps, compressors or gearboxes.
- simulation with time-varying boundary conditions such as load, speed, temperatures, etc.
- laminar und turbulent flow
- arbitrary bearing contour
- consideration of manufacturing and wear profiles
- elastic deformations using FEM flexibility matrices
- arbitrary type of lubricant feed
- mixed friction (add-on module MicroSim necessary)
- temperature distribution within fluid and solids
- temperature and pressure dependent lubricant parameters
- non-Newtonian flow behavior with and without limiting shear stress
- wall slip between lubricant and solids
- mass-conserving cavitation
- coated surfaces
- determination of stiffness and damping coefficients
- wear simulation